Where oh where have the smart people gone?

A line from the latest single "Stupid Girls" by P!nk asks, "Where oh where have the smart people gone?" Make certain you watch the video too--the lyrics will mean more.

Although somewhat rhetorical, it's a good question. And because an edgy twenty-something artist who has more tattoos than fingers poses the question, it packs even more punch.

I don't normally ponder rhetorical questions. Instead, I'm more likely to reflect upon scenes in Office Space. I also don't have a run-away hit song and video either.

P!nk could have scored even more points with me if she'd showed some attractive smart women too--and puh-lease--let's set our aspirations on something other than the office of President!

But I'm picking nits. I love P!nk. I love her 'in your face' style and attitude. And with lyrics like this,
I'm so glad I'll never fit in
That will never be me
Outcasts and girls with ambition
That's what I wanna see
what's not to love?

THAT'S a rhetorical question.

Comments

Popular Posts