Vermilion Flycatcher - third year in a row!

Today was one of those days when I just needed to get out of the office for a few minutes. I could have run some errands, but instead, I took a walk around the small neighborhood that borders my office complex. Whenever I do take this stroll, I keep a watch for the Vermilion Flycatcher that I've spotted there the past three years.

Every time I've seen him, he's always been in the same area. He's BRIGHT red--brighter than a cardinal so he's not hard to spot if you know to look for him.

And I do!

Sure enough, he was in the same yard. I snapped his picture as he perched on the chain link fence.
Vermilion Flycatcher
Vermilion Flycatcher in the neighborhood near my office.

Flycatchers dart after insects flying back and forth from a perch. (Aptly named, eh?) He was a special treat to see in an otherwise busy day!
Vermilion Flycatcher
Vermilion Flycatcher
Copyright © Deborah A. Ayers - All rights reserved.

Comments

Popular Posts