I'll take care of you bro!

Galen is caterwauling at the door that leads to the garage. Why?

I wish I knew. He does it every time we come home from the vet. I have to assume he's shouting little cat profanities.

Galen climbing high
Londo tenderly washing his bro upon his return from the vet.

His brother Londo always comforts him when he comes home. They're so sweet together. I can't even imagine the heartbreak Londo will have when his brother does finally cross that rainbow bridge. He will mourn.

People say animals don't have feelings, but I know differently. It's the mourning of the loss of a companion that led me to adopt the boys to begin with. I have an older cat, Micro, who lost her brother at the tender age of about 14 months.

Micro and Theo
Micro and Theo, 1999.

Micro and Theo
Micro and Theo, 2000.
I was awakened early one morning by a strange sound. It was Theo. I found him collapsed on the bedroom floor, and he died in my arms for some unexplained reason. Stroke? Heart disease? I'll never know. But I do know that Micro mourned his loss.

Micro and Theo
Micro and Theo lounging around.

She no longer came running to greet me at the door. She was listless. I hoped she would perk up after a few days, but she didn't. So off to the animal shelter I went to find her a new baby brother. However, I'm such a strong believer in adopting in pairs, that she earned herself two younger siblings. Soon after the house thundered with the playful romping of three kitties. (Whoever said cats are light on their feet have clearly never heard them chase each other up a flight of stairs!)

Londo and Galen
Londo and Galen, 2001.

They've been inseparable ever since.

Londo and Galen
Londo and Galen boxing in a box at about six months.

Galen climbing high
Galen and Londo romping on the cat tree, 2011.

boys in the closet
Open closet doors activate a rift in time and space which allows cats to beam in Star Trek style.

boys in the closet
The boys passed out in the middle of the floor, September 2009.


boys in the closet
Dinner Theater, 2010.

Comments

Popular Posts